Saturday, November 7, 2009

A good week


I haven’t had too many good news weeks like the one I had this past week. First, while I was in Austin, the Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List was announced, and it includes The Hinky-Pink, by Megan McDonald. This means good air time for the book in Texas libraries, which is great news. Second, Moonshot was selected for the 2009 New York Public Library’s 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing list, an honor I’m very glad for the book to have. Third, Moonshot was chosen for The New York Times 2009 Ten Best Illustrated Children’s Book list. (It looks like I picked the wrong weekend to put a vacation stop on my subscription.) Just yesterday I was listening to Adam Gopnik describe the selection process here and though I knew how it all turned out, it still made me anxious to hear it discussed, as though the panel members might yet change their minds. I think that means that this great news hasn’t quite sunk in. Thank you to the Texas and New York librarians (librarians from my native and adopted lands!) and to the committee at the Times!

6 comments:

Matt Phelan said...

Many congratulations, Brian! All very much deserved!

John Rocco said...

Yeah, I would say that is a pretty good week!
I expect there will be another great week in Jan-Feb for you.

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Kudos! They should send a copy of your book to the moon. The plaque already up there doesn't give enough info and isn't nearly as attractive.

tim b said...

Serious goodness. Well-deserved!

Anonymous said...

Thats great news Brian!
And that image on that page is actually my fav from Moonshot...

Brian Floca said...

Thank you, all!